Level: Intermediate | Duration: 3 Days | Date: (Offered in Dubai)
IFQ is an internationally recognised qualification awarded by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI), developed in conjunction with the Bahrain Institute on Banking and Finance (BIBF), recognized by Ofqual (the UK government education regulator) and supported by the Central Bank of Lebanon. It is an industry leading qualification which covers Islamic finance from both a technical and a Sharia’a perspective. Developed by industry experts, the qualification will equip candidates for success in this rapidly developing field. It provides an understanding of the influence of Sharia’a in a business context and prepares candidates to hold key positions in the Islamic finance and takaful (Islamic insurance) industries.
Why Attend ?
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the legal, structural and ethical basis of Islamic banking and finance and how it differs from conventional finance
- Develop an appropriate level of understanding of the main principles, rules and prohibitions of Islamic banking and finance
- Acquire essential knowledge about the key Islamic financial contracts and how they are applied in Banking, Sukuk, Takaful and Asset Management.
- Expose the participants to a wide range of Islamic banking and finance products and instruments available to the industry players
- Provide an understanding of the primary tools for structuring Islamic financial transactions
- Be familiarized with the Islamic financial infrastructure, international financial institutions and regulatory bodies
- Understand the need for Islamic accounting standards and the importance of Islamic corporate governance.
Who should attend?
This three-days course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Islamic Banking Staff
- Takaful Staff
- Conventional Bankers
- Investment and Wealth Management Professionals
- Relationship Managers
- Lawyers and accountants dealing with Islamic banks
- Other professionals with exposure to the Islamic finance industry